Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ahhh...Akbar

I don't know why Indian Food is a very under-appreciated Cuisine, maybe it's because of it's unnapealing appearance of most of the "molelized" curries or just the plain fact of it being "Indian Food". It's really a shame. The complex mixture of spices, techniques and history. I find it amazing.

I mean, i was pretty scared too the first time we were going to try "Indian Food" but quickly changed my mind after opening the door and having the aromatic spices slap me in the face.


Lunch is the time to go eat if there ever was a time, you get a lot more for a lot less. We happened to barely benefit from the lunch specials coming just a couple of minutes before cut off time.


I wish i had more time to write but don't so all you have to know is with the odd marriage of Coconut and Fennel in the "melt in your mouth" Coconut Lamb or the kick in the mouth that you will receive with the almost-infinite amount of spices in their masala spices Chicken Tikka Masala, Akbar's is definitely one of my favorite places that will always be one of my favorites.

3115 Washington Blvd.
Marina Del Rey, CA
90292

No comments: