Friday, December 15, 2006

Coconut Epiphany!-Courtesy of Portos

So there i was, bored on a friday night, craving something but not quite sure what, depressing myself over all these negative thoughts. I already had 2 cups of some fresh champurrado i made but unfortunately, that was not what i was craving. I still needed something, my body was still not satisfied. When out of nowhere my mom comes home and brings me just what my lanky body needed. At first i didn't think nothing of it. But with the first bite of this crunchy dark brown object with the and the buttery moist interior in my mouth. I almost died!


I couldn't believe how good this little thing was!!! I knew it was something with coconut(of course!!!) resembling a mexican Cocada, but 100x better. The deliciousness of it even managed to rid my mind of the stupid negative nonsense that makes teenagers kill themselves. This is why i love food everyone. In a life that sometimes seems unberable to live in or think about, especially in this stupid age with all the stupid pressures and thoughts..........food always saves me and keeps me going.


Well after a while, i found out my sister had sent them to me from Portos Bakery in Glendale. I'm guessing their the Cuban Version of Coconut Macaroon. But really, this is something truly delicious. If you're into Coconut try these out, bust a mission just for these. I promise, they WILL BE worth it.........trust.


Glendale
315 North Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91203
tel. (818) 956-5996

1 comment:

Deb said...

I am not a fan of sweets (I know....I'm missing out! ;) ..) but I've had clients rave about that bakery. Lucky you...awesome sister and mom, and baked goods to boot!