Monday, June 04, 2007

Justifying my Alias: The Taste Of Alhambra

Alot of people don't really realize what my blogname is supposed to mean, "Glut-ster", as in Gluttony...not Hipster. And yesterday, boy did i live up that!

35+ Food and Wine Vendors, in one event, all ready for my consumption (and opinion). For the first time in a really long time, I was actually excited about something. Yeah, they were mostly all "Main St." Restaurants which have gotten a bad rep. for being mediocrity traps, but you can't have everything in life. And I don't think you're going to be able to eat flourescent yellow Paella Valenciana (Guitarras Rest.), followed by damn good Collard Greens and Candied Yams (Angelenas), chased down with as much....yeah, as you want anywhere else.

At first I was in a state of dumbfoundment-so much food, i couln't believe it. But sooner than i knew it, I had already sampled every little thing available and was looking for any seconds that were worthy of my calories. The winner...Angelenas. Their one of those places that you always walk by on your way to anywhere but never actually stop, only to find out what you've been missing. Buttery Spiced Candied Yams and Collard Greens, both with a touch of Molasses and an actual Peach Cobbler that actually did give me feelings of "slapping my mama". One of the best dessert's i've had...ever...seriosly.

Angelenas Southern Cuisine
33 W Main St
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626) 284-7685

1 comment:

Daily Gluttony said...

I was curious about Taste of Alhambra since I'm officially in the 'hood now, so thanks for the report. I'll have to check it out next year.

BTW, for some reason, I always thought your blog name was "Gluster" since it looked like the word "Luster." But "Gluster" isn't even a word. Duh.