Thursday, July 31, 2008

Listening to the Smoooth Gastronomic Sounds of the Glutster: My First Radio Spot on Sports Bites

Thanks to the kind Scalia sisters over at Melting Pot Tours, L.A's FIRST tasting tours, I got to sample some of the foods in L.A, in all its diverse splendor--authentic American dough-risen Doughnuts with some Ethiopian Crganic coffee, traditional French chewy Macarons, some standard Japanese Soba--and this is barely their first tour (Farmers Market and 3rd Street), this is exactly what L.A needed.

Anyways, with such apparent parallel passions, Diane Scalia had invited me to be part of her weekly sports/food show, Sports Bites on Voice America. I was going to be on national radio with about 10,000 listeners. Stoked, and the same time scared to death, I graciously agreed.

I was going to be talking about native New Mexican Cuisine, from Pueblo to Navajo even Isleta.

...and now it's time for the smoooth gastronomic sounds of the g-l-u-t+ster, take it away....

(click on the "7/31/08 - World Contributions from Australia and Native America", i'm on the second half of the show)

check it out

3 comments:

pleasurepalate said...

You did an awesome job for your first radio spot! Lots of great info! :)

Kirby! said...

I just got around to listening to this! Way cool interview. I didn't know you were from New Mexico (I'm from TexAss). I also did not know that mutton was goat! I always kind of (baselessly) figured it was a large-faced fish. So many fun facts!!

Unknown said...

...nice blog...

I haven't listened to the radio post (though i think it's really cool that you got to do it). One thing, in response to the above post; mutton is lamb, technically. look it up! it may be used on occasion to describe goat, but this is not really correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutton