Sunday, May 28, 2006

Alright, Alright...(El Tepeyac: Boyle Heights)

I'm still in a tight schedule but i just had to mention this.


I finally went to El Tepeyac yesterday with my mom (you would think after living in East L.A for over over 10 years, i would of at least know all the local gems, huh?).
Long story short, this is probably the exception I'll make when it comes to Mexican restaurants. I don't think it could get any more comfort than this. Almost-like-moms food, extremely generous portions and amiable waitresses that i would confuse for my own family members. I felt some sort of soothing and safe feeling there, like if i was at home. If only the food didn't have that signature "Mexican Resturant Flavor" that I notice almost every where I go, don't know how to put it, its this slightly stale grease flavor, its not totally offending but...it would be nicer without it.


Oh yeah, and I just want to say,


I could of finished The "Manuel Special" but i wanted my dad to see.


El Tepeyac Cafe
812 N Evergreen Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323) 267-8668

No comments: