Saturday, January 05, 2008

Oh, Trader Joes Girl

Ringing me up (not just the ton of stuff I always get...)
One ridiculously cheap thing after another:
Some rather slender Mexican-grown Baby Broccoli
A few Rustic looking and tasting Spelt Tortillas, and of course,
The fatal, recalled jar of Roasted Red Pepper and Eggplant Spread that I was half ways through with.
But even so, I couldn't take my eyes off you...
Stuttering on the pronunciation of my own last name,
Thinking if I would even be brave enough to confront you if ever saw you around,
Feeling stupid for always going in my "just going to trader joes" accoutrement oh,
and going with my mom.

I hope to see you again soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Trader Joe's? I have fallen for a cutie myself!

Kirby! said...

trader joe's does have a lot of attractive people working for them, interestingly enough...

and god, i remember that feeling of falling in love with the boy at the movie ticket window, only to realize that i'm wearing sweatpants while out with my mom on friday night.... SIGH....

Anonymous said...

haha - They seem strangely nice at the location in NYC. Almost too nice.