Thursday, April 02, 2009

Thai New Year Songkran and International Curry Festival this Sunday!

How much ส้มตำ (Green Papaya Salad) can you handle?

I remember last years event, I must of ate like 4 different kinds, including one with FIRE-roasted peanuts and a Nuoc Cham (fish sauce) so pungent, my parents didn't wanna ride in the same car with me for like 2 day's.

It was here where I also first discovered that until a couple of years ago, fresh Mangosteen and Durian were actually illegal to import. Last year they sold both of these fresh, but expensive as hell.

This year, it looks like they are doing it in conjunction with the International Curry Festival, showcasing curries from around the world. Kenyan Curries? You bet, and of course Thai, Indian, Japanese, Jamaican etc...

Sweet Pandan-Coconut paste samples and a Thai beauty fashion show...I'm in.

The 2009 Thai New Year’s Day, Songkran Festival , April 5
Address: Hollywood Boulevard between Western Avenue and Vermont
Time : 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM.

1 comment:

Exile Kiss said...

Hi Teenage Glutster,

Nice! Thanks for the reminder on this festival. :) This should be a fun excuse to head out to Thai Town in general anyways. :)